In the list below, you'll find some helpful tips for gambling in general.
Regardless of experience level or bankroll, all players should find these tips a solid refresher and helpful in ensuring a more enjoyable gambling experience.
Following these basic guidelines can prevent a lot of hardship later down the line.
- Know the Rules: Before playing any game, make sure you understand all of the rules and terminology. With so many online casinos offering the opportunity to play for free before wagering any money, there's really no excuse for wagering (and losing) money on a game you don't fully understand.
- Pace Yourself: It's never fun to run out of money after only 15-30 min of playing. Remember, the casino experience is meant to be fun so it's important to try and make smart bets, which always leave you with something to gamble with later.
- Keep a Budget: Place a limit on the amount of money you're willing to lose. More importantly, make sure this is an amount you can afford to lose. Leave the ATM cards at home and as tempting as it may be to pour a little more money in when you're down, try and realize that if you remain disciplined and stop at the limit you've set for yourself, you'll avoid the anguish of losing more than you can afford and all of the problems associated with it.
- Don't 'Chase' Losses: Although the temptation can be great, try to avoid making larger bets to recuperate previous losses. This only exacerbates the problem. Instead, accept the loss, move to another game or table, take a break, or just walk away.
- Don't be Distracted: Stay focused on the game you're playing. This prevents losing money as a result of careless mistakes.
- Take Breaks: Try to take breaks as frequently as possible. Not only will this prolong your experience, but it can also prevent you from getting stuck in a rut where you might be tempted to make foolish bets in the hopes of recovering previous losses. Furthermore, this will help to keep you fresh and alert - always a good thing when participating in any activity requiring concentration and thought.
- Emotion: If you're angry or depressed, avoid gambling during these moments. Remember, good gambling requires focus and if you let emotions interfere with your judgment, you stand to make bets that you otherwise wouldn't make and thus, lose money you hadn't planned on losing.
- Have Fun: Perhaps the most important tip of all, it can't be stressed enough that the purpose of gambling is enjoyment. So long as you stick to this idea, your experience should be nothing but enjoyable. It's not fun to lose more money than you can afford, nor is it fun to wager everything too quickly and be forced to quit before everyone else.
When you feel like you can follow these guidelines, you might be ready to play for real money.
If that's the case, we recomend these online casinos. All sites listed on Gambling Planet are trusted, offer the best payouts and have good bonuses for new players creating an account and making a first deposit.